For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
About The Team
The Cybersecurity team's mission is to anticipate risk and implement proven security capabilities that enable the business to safely push boundaries and innovate the next generation of space technologies.
We’re looking for a versatile and curious risk and compliance professional who is passionate about the people, processes and technology that enable MDA to achieve its mission. Your expertise will drive improvements to security policies, your efforts will empower sound decision making and your interpersonal skills will help foster a risk-aware culture at a time of paramount growth.
As an individual contributor you will report to the Director, Cybersecurity within MDA’s Cybersecurity organization. The this role will work with stakeholders across different security domains, IT, engineering, compliance and legal to maintain MDA’s CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) control framework, conduct vendor risk assessments and other ad-hoc risk assessments.
- Maintaining a third-party risk management program as it relates to Cybersecurity & IT, including drafting processes, trainings, and communicating the program to stakeholders across the organization
- Maintaining MDA’s CMMC Control Framework and collaborating with control owners to strive for continuous improvement.
- Monitoring of third parties and other business partners to ensure the ongoing alignment with organizational compliance requirements
- Working cross-functionally with legal and compliance to stay updated on developing regulatory concerns and changing IT/security trends in third-party risk management
- Working cross-functionally with internal audit in completing audit projects/procedures for the purpose of collecting evidence on controls.
- Contributing to the security and controls risk register to assist in the prioritization of key risks
- Articulating risk in terms of business impact and suggesting reasonable strategies for mitigation
- Interacting in both oral and written communications with all levels of staff in matters related to control framework requirements and third party risk assessments
- College diploma or university degree in finance, legal, computer science, cybersecurity or other relevant topics
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in risk, compliance, or information security
- Understanding of security standards and frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, SOC 2
- Strong problem solving and thinking skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in team environments
- High degree of maturity and excellent communication skills
- Must be eligible for Reliability Status level clearance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with governance risk and compliance platforms such as AuditBoard
- Relevant security certification such as Security+, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CISSP
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability Status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process we can assist.