Your role in helping us shape the future:
As Manager, Value Added Services Implementation, you will lead the team responsible for coordinating the implementation of globalized connectivity solutions. Your team manages post-sales activities for the Value Added Services offered by Intelsat. Such Value Added Services include Consulting, Network Audits, Equipment Installation, Maintenance and Operations. They are offered to Customers across all vertical markets: Networks, Media, Mobility and Government.
You will develop, coach and grow a team of Technical Implementation Managers. Your team members will partner with key internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Sales Engineers, Solutions Architects, Project Managers) and external vendors to successfully implement projects from contract signature to customer acceptance. Partnering with each Project Manager, they will leverage their strong technical background in satellite telecommunications and excellent program management capabilities to deliver the best customer experience by overseeing all technical activities in each project.
You will provide a positive leadership style that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning across the Product Management team. You will work through others as an Enterprise Leader and identify and build cross-functional relationship to drive strategic initiatives. You will develop and manage the team, hiring the right talent and creating a culture of forward movement and accountability.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Work closely with peers in Solutions Development, Service Commercialization and Service Delivery to establish and maintain processes for Service Implementation
- Track and report status of all projects in implementation and identify and manage risks
- Manage escalations of technical matters with internal stakeholders, vendors and customers
- Review and approve technical documentation written for vendors, such as Statement of Work (SOW) and technical paragraphs of Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Proactively identify and take measures to mitigate technical risks, in coordination with peers in Project Management teams
- Provide feedback to all stakeholders for continuous improvement of processes and tools
- Lead a high performing team across multiple regions and time zones.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams across the world, both internal and external
- Manage complex priorities in a real-time environment
- Leverage your excellent understanding of customer requirements and telecommunication networks to provide thought leadership and guidance to your team
- Communicate (written and verbal) with regional executives on a regular basis
- Coordinate with internal Product Management, Engineering and Operations teams, work with external vendors to execute defined plans
You should definitely have:
- A four-year college degree in Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in a People Management role
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Solutions Engineering, Program Management or Systems Engineering in the Telecommunications industry
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience in English
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and retain a positive attitude while simultaneously handling multiple complex projects with demanding schedules
- Experience working in matrixed organization and demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
- Experience working with systems integrators and equipment vendors in the satellite ecosystem
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
It would be nice if you had:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in either French or Spanish
- Experience working in a global company
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, international, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible Work Arrangements and Hybrid Work Policy of 3 days per week in office experience
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled