EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.Hughes Network Systems
has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems/Automation Engineer
. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
As a member of our Emerging Technologies Qualifications group, the engineer will be expected to provide support to the Operations Engineering teams through product qualifications, automation, and solutions design. The primary focus for the role is the automation of repeated tasks, buildouts, and deployments using various scripting languages and leveraging of third-party tools. In addition, the supporting engineer will be expected to take on new third-party products and qualify them with proof of concepts and deliver production-ready solutions for the deployment and sustaining life of the product selections.Responsibilities
- Develop scripts to facilitate tasks, jobs, deployments, and data gathering using Python, Bash, and/or PowerShell.
- Develop solutions for platform, Operating system, and Container deployments.
- Qualify new products from 3rd party vendors in relation to platform, security, storage and network engineering.
- Develop support models, sustaining needs, and lifecycle management for new Third Party products.
- Bachelors degree in computer engineering, computer science, telecommunication or related technical field
- 5 years’ experience with Red Hat or equivalent Enterprise Linux operating system deployment, administration, and solutions engineering.
- 5 years’ experience with Ansible and/or Ansible Tower
- Strong network engineering background
- Scripting knowledge in Python and Bash.
- Strong independent work ethic and ability to lead/drive projects.
- Scripting Knowledge in PowerShell
- Strong understanding of BIND DNS and Unix authentication (PAM)
- Strong understanding of Network File Storage/Network Attached Storage support
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.