We are looking for a Flight Operations Segment Engineer on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Frascati, Italy. The selected candidate will be involved in end-to-end review and supervision of EO missions through appropriate engineering activities in the Flight Operations Segment, including requirements, development, testing, and integration. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism.Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries). Furthermore, upon selection, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider (further information will be provided at the interview stage).
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
- Support the industrial technical activities in the area of Flight Operations Segment, including review of requirements, follow up on the development and testing (including support the customer in the supervision of SVT campaign preparation, coordination, and execution), integration with the rest of the Ground Segment, post-launch commissioning and the initial operations phase;
- Support operations preparation for the satellite part of the programme;
- Support the Ground Segment system level deﬁnition, interface speciﬁcation and implementation;
- Support the management of Industries in charge of Flight Operations Segment Elements provisioning;
- Support to Mission Analysis activities;
- Participation to reviews organized either by our client or by Industry;
- Evaluate the deliverables produced by Industry and support their formal acceptance. This includes supporting the customer in the supervision of the development, testing and usage of such deliverables;
- Support the preparation and implementation of the main milestones, including necessary reviews and Key Decision Points (KDPs) at FOS level, and participating in system milestones.
- Masters’ degree in a relevant engineering subject or Physics;
- At least 3 years of relevant direct experience in Flight Operations Segment and operations preparation and execution, possibly with more than one mission and possibly with LEOP and Commissioning phases;
- Background in space engineering with systems orientation and end-to-end view of Earth Observation missions;
- Knowledge of Ground Segments in general, and Flight Operations Segment in particular;
- Understanding of development and maintenance of ground infrastructure and/or software systems;
- Experience in spacecraft operations, in particular for Earth Observation Satellites Experience in ground segment and operations development phase;
- Strong process focus with the ability to intelligently apply standard processes;
- Able to thoroughly address responsibilities, with good attention to detail and a proven understanding of documentation methods and requirements;
- Able to review, assess and document (complex) problems and to propose solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members;
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in EU.