Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Operations Software Engineer
As an Operations Software Engineer you will be working closely with our Mission Operations team to learn how we safely and reliably fly spacecraft, familiarizing yourself with our concepts of operation, and writing procedures. You will be responsible for automating these systems, commands, software, and procedures to take humans out of the loop for our satellite operations. You will get a chance to work with some incredibly smart people who have flown things in space before. No prior space experience is needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware, and be okay with tackling ambiguous challenges.
This role will contribute to both commercial and US Government programs.Role:
- Play a large role in the design and development of our satellite operations system
- Work with satellite engineers to design, create, test, and execute satellite operations procedures, including commissioning procedures and nominal operations procedures
- Investigate anomalies and work with the mission operations and engineering team to safely resolve them
- Automate manual processes and anomaly responses using scripting and software tools
- Work with our ground software team as the user and requirements owner for tools that will help us automate the operation of our fleet of satellites
- Partake in commanding activities during the launch, commissioning, and sustainment operations of our spacecraft
- Develop tools and processes to enable the Mission Operations team to maintain a high level of service uptime for our customer
- 5+ Experience scripting in python
- 5+ Experience automating systems
- Basic understanding of satellite subsystems (hardware and software)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on development and testing
- Experience doing telemetry analysis and anomaly investigation
- Experience designing and executing satellite operations
- Experience building operational software tools and user-friendly UIs
- Experience with software development tools such as Git and Phabricator
- Experience operating GEO satellites
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The Base Salary for this position ranges from $125,000 -$180,000 per year.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.