$120,000 - $160,000 / year
As Senior Test Engineer
you will lead the effort to build up Impulse's unique test facilities in Mojave, CA. You will be responsible for developing a multi-use test site while working closely with the engineering team in Redondo Beach. You will work on site development plans and build up the site infrastructure while working with contractors, vendors and site management in Mojave. You will have the opportunity to work on and contribute to multiple spacecraft test programs including Impulse's Mars lander mission.
This position will need to be Mojave-based, with some travel to our Redondo Beach facility.
- Create site development plans and work with local management on approval process
- Design and build fluid, mechanical and electrical systems in support of multiple test stands
- Coordinate with external vendors and contractors
- Establish and manage project schedule
- Perform test stand commissioning and calibration of instrumentation
- Conduct propulsion, structural, and avionics test operations
- Resolve technical issues with innovative and resourceful solutions
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development testing or physical facilities build-up or ownership
- Demonstrated ability of project ownership and working well with small teams and contractors
- Demonstrated ability to design, procure and build test equipment
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Prior experience with new site development in "greenfield" areas
- Prior experience with utilities and infrastructure development
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to travel as needed
Compensation bands are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual level and base pay is determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on job-related skills, education, experience, technical capabilities and internal equity.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Impulse Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Impulse Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.