Mojave Air & Space Port (MASP), is seeking applications for Air Traffic Control Specialists-Tower. We are a general aviation and flight test airport and America’s first in-land commercial spaceport.
- Incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly, and expeditious movement of air traffic by providing positive control within the MHV Class D airspace by applying appropriate separation minima IAW applicable FAA regulations.
- Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
- Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.
- Coordinates with adjacent facilities on movement of air traffic, transferring control of aircraft entering/exiting airspace, and pertinent information/instructions relative to flight.
- Disseminate airport automated weather and take manual weather observations when automation information is not transmitting.
- Alerts airport emergency crews and other designated personnel while handling unexpected events, emergencies, and unscheduled traffic.
- Maintains records of daily operations.
- Other ATC and/or airspace duties as assigned.
- Retired or former FAA/DoD, Military Air Traffic Control Specialist - Tower or FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) grad.
- Must possess a valid FAA Air Traffic Control Tower Operating Certificate.
- Must possess a current second-class medical certificate under FAA CFR Part 67, Airman Medical Certification.
- Must obtain and maintain Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) certificate of authority to take weather observations.
- Must complete MHV training program and certification within prescribed training hours.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass drug and background screenings.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and/or overtime in support of client test or other operations.
- Familiar with Standard Terminal Automation Replacement System (STARS), Automated Radar Terminal Air Traffic Control System (ARTS II) or equivalent terminal automation system.
- Multi/Intersecting runway control experience.
- Effective oral communication skills to communicate information in high pressure or emergency situations.
- Excellent, effective, cooperative interpersonal skills with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $28.00 - $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you open to work occasional weekends and/ or overtime in support of Client tests or other operations?
- Are you familiar with the Standard Terminal Automation Replacement System (STARS), Automated Radar Terminal Air Traffic Control System (ARTS II) or equivalent terminal automation system?
- FAA/DoD: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- FAA Air Traffic Control Tower Operating Certificate (Required)
- second-class medical certificate under FAA CFR Part 67 (Required)