Long Beach, CABonus
ContractorWho We Are
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our career portal .
Avionics Assembly Technician, 2nd Shift
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking an Avionics Technician, 2nd Shift
to support our production department . This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a position at Virgin Orbit's aerospace facility in Long Beach, California. Your Mission
What You Bring
- Understand and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical assembly drawings for PCBAs and harnesses
- Fabricate harnesses to support engineering and production tests and troubleshooting
- Help assemble new designs including PCBAs, test harnesses, test boxes and test racks – this will include soldering, cutting and crimping harnesses, building mechanical assemblies and as well as fabricating and modifying metal and plastic enclosures
- Perform continuity checkouts on harnessing to confirm built per drawing/wirelist
- Use lessons learned to provide feedback to engineering to improve designs and processes and to write assembly and test procedures
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Perform other duties assigned
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience as an Avionics Technician
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally a high level of all-around awesomeness
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
- Must be able to work varying hours/shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time – 8 hours minimum.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted).
- Must be able to travel to (location) up to --% of the time.
- Valid CA driver’s license required with clean driving record.
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space.
- Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin Orbit.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in related field
- Strong electrical and RF theoretical skills are required
- Familiarity with manual operation of test equipment with no automated control
- Able to assemble and troubleshoot PCBAs to component level and to assemble, test and troubleshoot harnesses
- Able to operate environmental test equipment, such as thermal chambers
- Must be able to use power tools for modifying mechanical assemblies, such as power drills, table saws, etc.
- Must be able to interpret electronic and harness schematics
- Must be able to operate standard electronics lab equipment, including Oscilloscope’s, Multi Meters, Logic Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Supplies, etc.
- Experienced in basic office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have great communication abilities to work well with engineering and production
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’.
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team.
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness .
$24.50 - $34.00 Total Rewards at Virgin Orbit
At Virgin Orbit, we are STRAIGHT UP, which means we encourage honest and transparent communication. Our goal is to help you interpret the pay range you see and understand that compensation is much more than simply base pay. Individual compensation packages are based on candidate-unique attributes, including, but not limited to, skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors. Cash compensation is only part of the total reward package, and the range reflects a strong market-based salary. Some jobs may also be eligible for bonus, overtime pay, weekend work compensation and differentials. In addition to cash compensation, all Virgin Orbit teammates are eligible for equity which includes stock options and/or RSUs (Restricted Stock Units) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).At Virgin Orbit We Offer Some Of The Best Around
At Virgin Orbit, you work alongside some of the best and brightest, on the coolest premier dedicated small satellite launch service. We also know that benefits and belonging are an important piece of your total rewards package.
- Robust time off with holiday shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Better than market 401k including a Safe Harbor plan
- Superior health and welfare benefits offering an average 90% of benefits premiums paid, including some plans with zero employee contributions
- Financial wellness through Northstar which includes your personal financial advisor
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- A variety of optional benefits such as pet insurance and discounts, and remote and/or hybrid opportunity for some positions
- Health Reimbursement program providing up to $3,000 max per year for eligible teammates
- Employee Resource Groups, Virgin cultural gatherings and success celebrations, professional growth opportunities, and more!
At Virgin Orbit, pay and total rewards is about offering competitive programs for any stage of your life and career. We constantly look for opportunities to enhance our programs and reward our teammates and we update our benefits offerings regularly.Other Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.