At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Ground System Engineer (GSE) will participate in the implementation, configuration, and support for Fleet Management Segment (FMS) technical efforts associated with OneWeb Fleet Operations. This individual shall be familiar with satellite ground system engineering, mission operation application software, infrastructure hardware & software, and mission operation support. This individual will also support FMS ground system engineering functions including CONOPS development & enhancement, requirement management, technical risk management, and external/internal interface definition & control. Finally, this position will require working closely with the FMS Ground System Architect, OneWeb System Engineering team, OneWeb segments, and mission operation team to support the system application throughout the satellite system development and operation.Responsibilities:
- Support FMS ground system engineering functions including CONOPS development & enhancement, requirement management, technical risk management, and external/internal interface definition & control. The GSE will develop, review, update and audit requirements and interface control documents for the FMS ground segment, including the verification approach.
- Support end to end deployment, and acceptance of a ground system hardware/software solution at the Satellite Operations Centers (SOC). The GSE will develop and perform detailed test procedures that verify that the ground system meets the operational need, at the System level, which including internal and external interfaces.
- Support ground system deployment, and integration & test activities as required. The GSE works with the development team and software and infrastructure vendors to validate the overall function of the FMS Ground System, in multiple environments
- Work closely with external vendors including: Telemetry Tracking and Control (TT&C) service vendors, communications network vendors, systems engineers, software engineers, and mission operation team to ensure that the integrated FMS ground Segment supports the OneWeb mission.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience related to satellite ground system hardware, software, and operation development and maintenance
- Detailed knowledge of real time operation software and hardware system development life cycle including integration & test, deployment, and production support
- Solid experience with commercial satellite command & control, mission planning, mission management, and flight dynamics software
- Extensive understanding of satellite operations including procedure & script development, training, transition planning, and integration & test
- Solid experience in system engineering disciplines including requirements management, CONOPS development, risk management, and segment & subsystem architectures development
- Solid understanding of satellite sub-systems and related technology
- Knowledge of information assurance & security and computing infrastructure system technology including cloud computing architecture
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Computer Science, Information System, or Engineering related field additional education and training through an advanced technical degree or continuous learning is highly desired
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.