Join us on this exciting opportunity to be a key part of expanding human life into outer space and establishing a new reality where the Earth and the Moon are part of one ecosystem.
While you will be an instrumental member of a small team in the US, you will join an international team of engineers and be expected to work with colleagues from around the world. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary. You must be self-motivated and comfortable making decisions within a fast-paced environment, as well as have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- As the Vehicle Hardware Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers in the development of structures, mechanisms, and propulsion systems for a commercial lunar lander capable of delivering 500kg of payload mass to the lunar surface. You will be responsible for leading the team through design, analysis, and development/qualification testing. Your leadership and technical guidance will enable our lander to begin building a path to a sustainable lunar scientific and commercial economy. This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage a team of diverse engineering disciplines in converting vehicle system level requirements into a flightworthy spacecraft
- Responsible for providing oversight and approval of all technical aspects of the lander’s propulsion system, structure and mechanism from concept to qualification testing
- Lead a team of design engineers, structural analyst, dynamic analyst, thermal analyst
- Provide guidance on mechanical design, material selection, liquid rocket propulsion systems and fabrication processes for vehicle hardware
- Drive team to meet program objectives, schedule and budget goals
- Lead the engineering team through technical reviews throughout all phases of design, development and qualification testing
- Responsible for leading and developing the hiring and mentoring of engineering staff
- Interface with Flight Hardware Team in the integrated electrical, software and GNC aspects of the vehicle
- Collaborate with design team to weight optimize vehicle components through iterative design/analysis cycles
- Support proposals for future mission objectives
- Assist in supporting daily operations of the Mission Control Center
- Support Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Quality Assurance (QA) by being the point of contact for technical questions
- Support qualification testing campaign of primary structural elements
- Support system verification testing, troubleshooting, risk assessments and closure of open requirement
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering with 7+ years’ experience in space applications OR BS in Mechanical Engineering with 9+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leading design and analysis effort of new a new design from concept through fabrication, testing and integration, and flight
- Liquid propulsion Metallic and composite structure analysis experience
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Applicant must be a US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Proven experience and skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, presentation and strategic thinking
- Possess skills in strategic system thinking, excellent written and oral communication skills, proactive in moving program forward through team collaborations to achieve timely decisions, ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a collaborative, inclusive culture.
- Involvement with spaceflight missions from program kick-off to flight
- Supporting vehicle environmental testing campaigns
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation And Benefits
- Competitive salary based upon experience - $140k+
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available for employee-only coverage level)