One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment supporting highly available facilities around the world? If you do, Viasat could be your future home.
The Technician team is comprised of hard-charging, professional members tasked with implementing, operating, installing, troubleshooting, and continually optimizing our rapidly expanding worldwide systems.
Are you currently in a NOC role, but are looking to expand your knowledge on RF systems? We provide support from Engineers and a robust training program to aid your success in your new career. This role works alongside our RF Engineers to operate and manage the RF systems for our many Satellite Earth Stations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with numerous internal and external workgroups, while you manage Break/Fix incidents, create troubleshooting documents, and monitoring of the systems.
Our RF Team is producing groundbreaking technology in the RF world. Come on board and use your detective skills to identify root causes for technical issues as well as develop procedural/technical recommendations for improvement. If you are a sleuth and problem solver then it is time to join our growing team! In this role, you will be exposed to many different gateways and a part of our amazing new products being launched.Key Requirements
- Evaluates work product and provide feedback on the quality and continuous improvement processes
- Performing preventative maintenance actions on RF hardware, coordinating with other work centers, and confirming completion and documenting/tracking follow-up corrective actions with the onsite workforce.
- Working with external partners to coordinate site visits for PM/break-fix actions. Communicates scope or work and coordinates parts logistics
- Provides technical escalation points to remote contractors, providing troubleshooting guidance based on the established processes. Advances to internal/external teams to drive resolution
- Hands-on experience working with RF Satellite ground stations
- Performs check-in/out of all vendors/contractors at remote sites.
- Validates facilities hardware communications and alarm testing of new site installs. Identifies and troubleshoots operational issues and tracks resolution and/or raises to appropriate team members.
- Assist engineers with project taskings including hardware audits, retrofit install coordination/data gathering, and obsoleting hardware replacement projects.
- Normal hours are day shift work with rotational night shift required
- Years of Experience: 3+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as NOC and or RF
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Specific Technologies/Experience: Radio Frequency Knowledge
- Knowledge of how HPA’s / BUC’s/ BDC’s function
- US Citizenship Required
- NOC (exper. Or background/ knowledge)
- Scripting ability
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!