One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.Job Responsibilities
Senior United States Air Force Capture Manager with a track record of identifying, qualifying, shaping, and winning work in support of Air Force Lifecycle Management Center, Air Combat Command, Air Force Research Laboratory, and other relevant mission system stakeholders.
The USAF Capture Manager will be key in analyzing client’s business, goals, strategies, industry trends and directions to develop compelling value propositions for the client that will result in a win.
They will be building, positioning, and capturing opportunities/procurements. They will formally engage and lead large multidisciplinary teams in developing complex solutions for specific client opportunities and in developing client deliverables such as a Requests For Information (RFI), Requests For Proposal (RFPs), and Statements Of Work (SOWs) or presentations for the Air Force Customer, as well as developing the financial solution for a deal based on client requirements and the competitive marketplace while ensuring Viasat meets its business and financial goals. They will make decisions on the components that drive the deal strategy, managing possible tradeoffs to win the contract, with overall marketing responsibility for the final winning proposal to the client.
The selected candidate must be an expert in a variety of Air Force domains and will serve as the subject matter expert within the business unit responsible for providing unbiased, fact-based leadership and direction in designing bidding strategy recommendations, while having access to the necessary customer base to gain intimacy with the customers problems and influence their requirements and technical solution. They will also develop and articulate competitor technical solutions, Price-To-Win, price strategy, risk mitigation, and competitive landscape dialogue with executive and senior leadership and provide sound recommendations for capture and delivery. As well as support post-sales activities by performing post award analysis to identify lessons learned and trends for future opportunities.Responsibilities
- Build and Qualify USAF Market Business Pipeline. Your primary focus is to build/maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities and lead the capture for selected opportunities.
- Create, manage, and implement market strategies (to articulate and generate consensus for strategic vision, action plan, competitive intelligence, investments, business case, etc.) within the targeted markets and agencies.
- Develop and present milestone briefings to senior leadership in support of investing in and pursuing strategic opportunities in these markets.
- Engage customers to gain intimacy in their problems to identify and shape opportunities and requirements.
- Actively market the Company Brand, establish customer expectations, and shape opportunities by creating white papers, sponsoring in-house demonstrations, and responding to RFIs and similar activities. You will conceptualize the need, organize the correct company participants, and lead the collaboration to completion.
- Support Captures and Proposals to maintain continuity across the BD lifecycle, enhancing our ability to win as opportunities pass from qualification into capture and then proposal.
- Effective leader/participant in formal presentations to clients and potential teaming partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 20+ years of service within the USAF
- Experience performing with industry to include program management sales, marketing, capture, proposal activities, in the areas described above.
- Existing, established network of customer contacts in the markets described above.
- Familiarity with major Air Force system programs and upcoming initiatives relevant markets.
- Working knowledge of the Federal procurement process (including IDIQs, OTAs, BAAs, and other acquisition instruments).
- Demonstrated expertise in Department of Defense and US AF strategy.
- Demonstrated expertise in Department of Defense budget process.
- MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Active Secret clearance.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Formal training in the Shipley capture process is strongly desired.
- Detailed insight of future programs is strongly desired
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!