One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.Job Responsibilities
As a flexible member of the Supply Chain team, the Procurement Specialist will work closely with our engineering teams and develop relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization. We are looking for self-motivated and high-energy individuals to support the vital work of diverse Viasat teams through:
- Soliciting RFQs, negotiating for and procuring a wide range of commodities (COTS, metal fab, wire harness, and cable assemblies, PWBs/PWAs, PSs/PAs, box builds, systems, etc.)
- Meeting tight program schedules and working with the proposal and cross-functional teams to ensure deadlines and financial goals are met
- Collaborating with engineering, program managers, finance, human resources, manufacturing, compliance managers, quality assurance, and other supply chain departments
- Interfacing with key internal stakeholders to understand their sourcing needs, performing market research, and assisting in the execution of the procurement strategy
- Monitoring suppliers within assigned areas to achieve procurement targets in price, delivery, and quality
- Facilitating process improvement/change initiatives
- Developing, managing, and implementing sourcing strategies for commodities and/or programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience with buying and procurement lifecycle management including MRP analysis, PO placement, and supply reporting for assigned commodities or programs.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software is required: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- US government position. US citizenship required
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- 3+ years of experience as a supply chain professional in an entrepreneurial, high-tech environment
- Experience with supplier relationship management within a low-volume high mix environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with RMA’s
- Experience taking a product from NPI to LRIP and the serial production stages in Electronics, and/or highly engineered products, and/or Defense and Aerospace fields, including FAR 12 and FAR 15 requirements
- Experience in outsourcing technologies and managing turn-key programs
- Experience with ERP systems, Oracle, or similar
- Experience with PLM, Agile or similar
- Experience interpreting component drawings
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!