Who We Are:
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was science fiction: making it possible to travel anywhere in the world in an hour. We are a tech haven with vision, and we seek strong performers who want more than just a job. Our engineers will change the future of flight because you will help them navigate the road to that opportunity.
We are looking for an amazing individual with excitement and enthusiasm to join our unique team. The ideal candidate will work work with engineers, designers, customers and amazing team members. You will get you showcase your skills on various machines while enjoying the fantastic ride and being "Home for "Dinner.
What You'll Get To Do
- Support the evaluation of program and project requirements, develops complex equipment and tooling
concepts and designs solutions for the Production System
- Compile and analyze technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design and rate
estimates for equipment and tooling
- Ensure compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and
- Develop tooling usage instructions and conducts training for Production and manufacturing personnel
- Consult with engineering and operations counterparts to ensure tool design maximizes part
- Validate contractual performance milestones, maintain configuration control, conduct reviews,
prepares plans for productions readiness, preventative maintenance, and spares
- Develop and implement moderately complex work-arounds and maintains configuration of hardware,
software and documentation
- Support studies for disposition of assets.
- Travel to contract facilities to collaborate on tooling and manufacturing process development
What You Have:
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Tool Engineering
- 5+ years experience with NX and/or Solidworks systems
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
What Will Set You Apart:
- Strong execution, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience designing and fabricating assembly and test fixture solutions
- Experience in composites fabrication
- Experience developing conceptual designs for tooling fixtures
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits, including dental and vision. We have a 9/80 flexible schedule, have unlimited PTO, and receive professional development opportunities.
On-site in Houston, Texas
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here .
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.