One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
A Project Manager is someone who will take on the management of key client projects. Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
A project manager is the person who is tasked with leading a project from inception to completion. This person is the principal point of contact for a project to both the customer and to corporate management and is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing projects according to the specified requirements and timelines. Although this person does not personally implement specific product requirements, the project manager is the person responsible for accomplishing project goals by defining attainable objectives, creating the project schedule and ensuring that all of the internal and external organizations contributing to the project are meeting their portions of the project objective.
Included in the tasks of the project manager are the following:
- Coordinate with internal managers/leads for the flawless execution of projects
- Experience with Telecoms construction management
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Review resource allocation and availability with managers/leads and escalate issues
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client
- Perform risk management to minimize project risk