Come join and be part of our finance team at AURA’s Central Administrative Services group that supports the day-to-day operations for a $170 million division. AURA’s Centers enable the next decade of astronomical discoveries through world-class facilities and science. Hybrid- Baltimore or Washington DC.
The Financial Systems Project Manager is responsible for providing clear leadership and management of overall execution of finance initiatives and projects, to include system implementation and enhancements, and will be responsible for all deliverables, customer relations, coordination with consultants, and reporting. This role will partner with and analyze the organization’s needs, coordinate external consultants, and also be a hands-on independent contributor. This role will have strong interactions with the various team and project stakeholders to establish seamless processes that meet all program and contract requirements.Essential Functions:
- Lead and perform all stages of project management. Drive planning & delivery of high-quality deliverables in support of program requirements.
- Develop and/or review program specific planning and control documents.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Develop, document and revise program processes and quality standards.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams to support program requirements of varying size, complexity and duration.
- Collaborate and manage processes across all functions within program and business stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to program requirements.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on team’s performance via regular status reporting on team’s accomplishments, issues and risks
- Reviews critical project documentation for completion and provides feedback and coaching as required
- Works with the cross functional managers to identify potential improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the role, including a clearly defined requirements hand off process between teams.
- Serves as a conduit between the cross functional managers, program and business stakeholders, fostering relationships across the organization.
AURA offers a mix-model workspace (office & virtual) and stimulating environments for all.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years of project management experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint (or similar government cost accounting system) including extensive use of the pre-processors
- Have had responsibility for a numerous successful, complex project (delivered meeting client requirements and with high team satisfaction)
- Experience with implementing ERP systems to include experience evaluating system vulnerability assessments and developing mitigation plans
- Strong business acumen to include an understanding of financial concepts, US GAAP, and internal controls
- Analytical with an ability to present complex financial information to non-finance team members
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fluid environment
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Excellent communication skills and high integrity and ethical behavior
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
We also offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Highlights:
- Health Benefits – Start first on the month following hire
- Retirement Options:
- 401(a) Money Purchase Pension Plan / 10% Employer Contribution
- Paid Time Off:
- Vacation / Accrual of up to 24 days per/yr.
- Paid Sick Leave / 8 hour per/mo.
- Holiday Time / 10 days per/yr.
- Benefit Guide: https://hr.aura-astronomy.org/employee-benefits-guide
Share your experience by completing an online application and uploading your resume. We would like to fill these positions by Februrary 24, 2023
and will accept applications until they are filled.
Any inquiries about your application status can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Direct link Financial Systems Project Manager #012323 :https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/SPA1004AURA/JobBoard/93330e50-7b3a-4ba8-94f2-6f32360aa4e1/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=da8b336c-2ed3-4ce2-9ad5-0796e69483aa
Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process should request assistance at email@example.com. #LIHYBRID #INDHP
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is a consortium of over 40 US institutions and three international affiliates that operates world-class astronomical observatories. AURA’s role is to establish, nurture, and promote public observatories and facilities that advance innovative astronomical research. AURA is responsible for managing the operations of the NSF’s NOIRLab, the National Solar Observatory, and the construction of the Vera C. Rubin Observatory and the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope under cooperative agreements with the National Science Foundation and operations of the Space Telescope Science Institute under contracts with NASA.
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements which are included for protection and to assist us in our recordkeeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.