Telespazio Belgium can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is to work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA but mainly for ESTEC in the Netherlands, and we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, a good salary, a relocation package along with genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled GNC Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
What is expected from you:
- Support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of GNC systems for interplanetary and exploration spacecraft as well as GNC for space transportation systems.
- This comprises GNC for an interplanetary cruise, aero assistance, rendezvous and docking, formation flying, or drag-free systems as well as GNC for ascent and re-entry vehicles.
- The candidate must be familiar with classical as well as modern control and filtering techniques.
- Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite.
- The tasks include the provision of engineering expertise and independent technical analysis to the development of ongoing and future ESA missions, for orbiters as well as for space transportation systems.
- Specifically, GNC design tasks shall include detailed dynamics, environment, actuator and sensor system modeling, together with the implementation of multi-physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, Simscape).
- The post holder shall perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and functional validation tasks.
- In the area of technology development, priority areas shall be the conception of new highly autonomous systems, the development of real-time optimized guidance systems for launchers and re-entry systems and the corresponding verification and validation techniques and tools.
- The post holder shall contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews and provide regular technical reporting.
What you offer
- Master's degree in aerospace or control engineering.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in the field of GNC systems for exploration or space transportation vehicles.
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, and commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB);
- Experience with rapid prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- 30 days of paid annual leave, plus the days ESTEC is closed including public holidays (~12 days) based on a 40-hour working week;
- Hybrid working scheme (3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
- Flexible working hours; you are in charge of your own agenda respecting core working hours
- Fully paid collective extensive health insurance scheme;
- A good pension scheme with no personal contribution;
- A career development (Coursera membership + training budget);
- Travel allowance;
- Extensive relocation package
You will be working within ESTEC, the European Space Agency’s offices in the Netherlands as a contractor for Telespazio Belgium. Due to the COVID restrictions, we don’t expect the employees to be on-site full time however you will still have to relocate to the Netherlands for this position.
Check out the ESTEC site here: esa.int/About_Us/ESTEC
Deadline to apply: 21/02/2023
Expected starting date: To be defined with ESA after a recruitment process of about 3 months
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms but might be held in person, on site in ESTEC.
We look forward to receiving your application for this position!