The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We are seeking an administrative specialist and project coordinator who provides support to the Principal Director and their team. As the focal point for the sub-division, the individual provides administrative support and business process coordination to ensure effective and efficient sub-division operations. This person resolves issues quickly, completes processes and procedures, and works closely with leaders, colleagues and customers across the enterprise to ensure the sub-division runs smoothly and meets internal/external timelines.
This is a full-time position based in Houston that allows for 3-5 days per week telecommuting depending on the needs of the team and customer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supports contracting, consulting, supply chain, new employee onboarding, and financial management processes
- Coordinates new employee badging and equipment, interfacing with aerospace corp internal, government or other customer systems
- Provides Internal and external meeting coordination, support, and execution. This includes customer and Aerospace Corp events.
- Helps train employees/answers questions with travel and reporting, and is a go to resource for the sub division employees
- Coordinates employee support for the group/division/sub-division (on-boarding, timesheet administration/auditing, training requirements, nda/oci compliance, supply/equipment orders)
- Coordinates sub-division, division, and customer reports/deliverables/org charts (compile/edit/publish)
- Maintains SharePoint and Teams sites and develops new ones as needed
- Supports weekly activity and monthly activity and variance reporting
- Support new business activities such as meeting coordination, attends meetings to represent our local team in some cases, NDA establishment and other products to engage new partners
- Supports assessment activities by establishing collaboration environments and establishing technical exchange activities
- Provides tours and overviews to visiting stakeholders/guests
- Act as a partner and point of contact for leaders by working closely with and fostering connections with internal management, government customers, contractors, and external leaders
- Engages in sub-division activities and decisions, with follow-up communications and coordination
- Improves and ensures effective processes/systems that provide superior organization, efficiency and industry-lead technical standard processes
What You Need to be Successful
- High School Diploma or equivalent with substantial work experience or Bachelors degree with work experience
- Strong administrative skills, highly organized
- Strong technological fluency across a wide range of tools and platforms such as Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint and Excel and meeting tools such as Teams, Skype and Zoom
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills: leadership, collaboration, resiliency, critical thinking, problem-solving, emotional intelligence, judgment, business insight, and decision making, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive and personnel-related information appropriately and support critical management functions
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively with a team to proactively deliver innovative solutions and resolve issues with minimal guidance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of the following:
- Prior experience as an organizational administrative support or contracts or business management role
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Familiarity with enterprise software packages such as Concur, Workday, JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with Aerospace corporate organizational structures, policies, processes, and practices
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.