At Sierra Space, we envision a future where humanity lives and works in space, on moons, and on distant planets. Sierra Space builds and delivers the future of space transportation, destinations and infrastructure, offering “space-as-a-service” in support of the new space economy.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra SpacePrimary Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting definition of and oversight of the collection, storage and interpretation of data specific to Systems Engineering.
- Supporting management of systems engineering data to create organized metadata, naming conventions, categories,
- Work in a model-based systems engineering environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related discipline and typically six (6) or more years of relevant experience; higher education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience in data science or data analysis
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles and practices
- Working knowledge of the following: multi-disciplinary design and development teams, Systems Engineering modelling tools & analysis applications, excellent organizational and communication skills, self-starter, creative problem solver, able to offer visual solutions.
- Advanced understanding of systems analysis practices, requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Knowledge of industry standard systems engineering design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), interface management.
- Experience with Cameo, STK, Matlab, Python, and/or Java
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in human spaceflight
- Experience with baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures.
- Ability to work with minimal information or direction to formulate proposed plans for resolving design/requirement solutions.
- Experience presenting technical content and communicating effectively.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required. Learn more about the background check process for security clearance.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems, and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products, and services.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity.
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $104,827.91 - $144,138.38
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.