If you are a seasoned quality inspection professional looking to make an impact in a rewarding industry, join our team! As a Quality Control Inspector III, you'll be using your skills and expertise to ensure that our incoming parts, in-process production, and shipped product fulfill all quality requirements. You'll be responsible for visually inspecting our materials, parts, and products at different stages of production, as well as recording observations and making recommendations for improving processes. You'll inspect for structural flaws, internal defects, or missing welds, and accept, reject, or request rework of defective or malfunctioning units or systems. You'll apply, revise, and maintain our quality standards for receiving, in-process and final inspection.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space.Must-haves:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and typically 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret technical schematics and drawings
- Knowledge and ability to interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Extensive experience with finished goods inspection
- Experience with Costpoint and/or AEGIS-MES
- Understanding of material flow in operations
- Ability to create bubble drawings and inspection plans
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 and AS 9100 standards
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Frequently requires vision abilities to include close, distance, depth perception, and telling the difference between colors
- Frequently requires hearing abilities to include discerning different tones and volumes
- Frequently lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Occasionally exposed to loud noises
Safety Sensitive Position:
- Responsible for the safety or security of people or property
- Inspects, handles, or transports explosives, dangerous or hazardous materials
- Inspects structures, equipment or vehicles
- Performs aviation related duties
- Operate or supervise vehicles, heavy or dangerous equipment or machinery
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $24.39 - $33.54
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.