Intern/working student (m/f/d) Electronics or Control Engineering
The Avionics department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is continually looking for Interns/working students (m/f/d) of Science, Electronics or Control Engineering.
Our international and agile team is looking for an exceptionally motivated intern/working student (m/f/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
Your personal responsibilities in the team will include some of the following:
- Construction and test of pneumatic, electrical and mechatronic systems
- Collaborate with the system engineering team for hardware requirements
- Conduct technical meetings and collaborate with various departments
- Design and develop the hardware architecture and be responsible of production
- Develop the most cost-and-time-effective test procedures
- Prepare assembly and procedure documentation to a high standard
- Identify and evaluate risks and make possible recommendations for prevention
Meeting some of these requirements will give you a strong basis with which to join our team.
- Currently enrolled in a degree in aerospace engineering, electronics engineering or an equivalent scientific qualification
- Motivation to participate in NEW Space
- knowledge either in programming, mechanical or PCB design
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
Meeting a few of these requirements will narrow down where you would fit best in our team.
- Relevant experience in aerospace
- Experience using C or Python Programming languages
- Experience in mechanical design using CAD software (NX preferable)
- Experience in PCB schematic capture and board layout, ideally using Altium
- Knowledge of Analog circuitry
- Knowledge of communication buses such as CAN, Ethernet, SPI
- Experience with electromechanical actuators; BLDC motors, encoders, drivers and sensors
- Experience in the testing electronic systems
Worried you don’t meet enough of the requirements? We would encourage you to still apply to RFA, as we have a wide variety of positions available.