Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping humankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon Software is looking for 2 Systems Engineers to support the Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) on the Orion program!
This will start as a 1-year contract and is asked to be worked on-site in Denver, CO or Houston, TX. A hybrid schedule may be possible.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- 2-5 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Perform definition, development, and decomposition of hardware design, analysis, and test requirements on the Orion Program primarily with the Environmental Control Life Support System (ECLSS) as well as backup support to the Subsystems.
- The task includes creating and managing requirements specifications. including. Reviewing and approving drawings.
- The SE will establish verification plans, create verification success criteria, and reviews analyses and tests in support of hardware integration and verification.
- Coordinates design requirements across engineering disciplines and supports spacecraft assembly, integration, and test operations.
- The SE will work with the Project Engineer to generate test specifications and reports for the ECLS System
- Prefer that the candidate have experience with the following tools/databases: Cradle, Code Collaborator, Automation Framework, BEAST, TRACE and EPDM.
- The candidate should have experience with Space based human life support systems, as well as, hardware and software integration skills
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NOAA, NREL, JPL, and DOD, in addition to customers such as Lockheed Martin Space, Raytheon, Sierra Nevada Corporation, a.i. solutions, Walt Disney Imagineering, SAIC, Ball Aerospace, SpaceX, Honeywell, KBRwyle, Maxar, Blue Origin, and Moog. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Human Lander System, Artemis I-II, WorldView Legion V, Perseverance, InSight Dream Chaser, Psyche, Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon’s home office is located in scenic Denver, Colorado, and our regional office is in historic downtown Titusville, Florida. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Red Canyon Software, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Red Canyon Software, Inc does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.