Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.Job Description
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading computer hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals to ensure optimal workplace performance. This role will use various methods of communication to gather information and respond to SEAKR staff including in person, telephone, or electronically. If necessary this role will redirect issues to appropriate resources and identify or escalate situations requiring urgent attention. This is a full-time non-exempt position in which the work is performed under general supervision by the Manager, Information Technology and is evaluated on results obtained.Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to provide an excellent customer service experience for our end users.
- Receive and respond to support requests from SEAKR employees, contractors, and guests via various methods of communication including in person, telephone, or electronically.
- Perform debugging steps and gather detailed information required to properly troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoot and fix end user’s problems with hardware, applications, and approved personal productivity devices.
- Coordinate with higher level technical support for escalation and resolution of software, hardware and network connectivity issues
- Develop technical support documentation and user's guides
- Perform OS upgrades on desktops and laptops.
- Follow SEAKR SEPs and SEWIs as documented in SEAKRs quality system.
- Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
- May be required to work off hours to support of users or systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education or Formal Training
- Problem solving skills
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Basic OS (Windows and Linux) troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Creating and modifying user accounts
- Resetting passwords
- Basic shell scripting
- Basic understanding of Batch files
- Basic understanding of bash files
- Experience with Support Ticket systems
- Basic understanding of support tickets, assigning and corresponding via a ticket system to meet an established IT SLA with end users
- CompTIA Security+ preferred
- CompTIA Linux+ preferred
- CompTIA A+ preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Knowledge of mixed network environment, i.e. Linux, Solaris, Windows, etc.
- Ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Ability to work independently in the identification of issues.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish good rapport with employees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet user and program deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of prior experience is required.
Compensation: Base pay range is $22-$26/hour, depending on qualifications. SEAKR has very rich medical, dental and vision insurance plans, along with a generous 401(k) retirement plan. In addition to base salary, employees are eligible for a year-end bonus. SEAKR offers a variety of paid leave, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and FMLA.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all employees must be fully vaccinated or have a medical or religious exemption as of the date stated in Executive Order 14042. Exemptions will be handled by Human Resources.