For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Safety Engineer/MTS to support the Gateway External Robotics System program team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing safety/hazard assessments and analyses on projects involving complex electromechanical systems with a significant software component.
- Working with design, systems engineering and software groups to ensure that safety-related inputs are incorporated into the design.
- Participating in external Safety Reviews with the Canadian Space Agency and NASA.
- Leading and mentoring junior Safety & Mission Assurance personnel.
- Performing additional safety and reliability tasks as required, such as Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), quantitative reliability analysis, etc.
- Owning safety schedules/milestones/deliverables.
- Participating in Independent Review Teams to audit and assess risk on planned program work and work-in-progress through its life cycle, and identify mitigation.
- Finding process improvements for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
S&MA is an independent engineering reporting organization within MDA. We are involved in all aspects of the program, including support to proposals, customer and subcontractor contract negotiations, and through all phases of design, development, procurement, assembly, integration, test, qualification, delivery and operational support.
This job requires interaction with both internal customers (including MDA program managers, engineering and manufacturing teams) and external government partners.
Interested candidates must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline (Master’s preferred), with 8+ years of experience in safety, quality or process engineering in aerospace or an equivalent highly-regulated industry.
The Candidate Should Have Experience In The Following
- Producing safety analyses on aerospace designs, including software safety aspects.
- Impeccable mathematics and statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Proven history in improving process efficiency.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.