Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Job Summary
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for identifying, resolving, and eliminating spacecraft and product and manufacturing quality issues.
This position's internal job code is Quality Inspector Sr. Our team is currently hiring for a grade 24.Job Responsibilities
- Initiating corrective actions with our Manufacturing, ATLO, and Engineering teams.
- Maintain systems that will assure the quality and traceability of the incoming materials and final products.
- Interfaces and/or works closely with Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Procurement and Shipping personnel on procedural issues involving design, methods, tooling, cost and other areas involved in the control of product quality.
- Monitor all manufacturing processes through audits and daily evaluations, to ensure that assembly & test operations being performed in accordance with approved specifications and standards.
- Documenting discrepancies as they occur during manufacturing & test operations.
- Travel required to support operations identified by program being supported.
- Support in other inspection areas defined by Millennium Space Systems Leadership as business needs require.
- Develop, implement, and audit inspection and test plans, acceptance criteria, and in-process work instructions.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and resolution with manufacturing / production area DR’s.
- Assist in conducting annual audits and systems surveys.
- Makes recommendations to company leadership on the implementation of process improvements on assigned program(s) or product areas.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and interface of MES systems (JIRA, Costpoint, etc).
- 5 years experience as a Quality Inspector in an aerospace or equivalent high reliability field.
- Advanced knowledge of AS9100 quality standards.
- Advanced knowledge of product manufacturing, assembly, test and inspection processes.
- Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Participate in TRS component environmental test meetings.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, schematics, harness wiring diagrams, internal and external specifications.
- Able to use computer applications to monitor quality metrics.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must pass practical exam.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
- 5-8 years experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Demonstrated ability to train other quality inspectors on processes and inspection methods.
- This position will require the ability to apply for a TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance (More information on this process can be found by following the Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria link which is listed in the job posting).
- Frequent standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and squatting is required.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs to transfer or move tools, parts, equipment, containers and materials.
- Have the ability to operate standard computer software (Microsoft office and ERP), equipment and keyboards.
- Able to work in normal office as well as inside and outside industrial working environments.
- Possess the ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.Summary Pay-Range
Benefits And Perks
- Grade 24: $27.32 - $43.73
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.Union
This is an hourly position governed by Labor Union Carpenters Local 721 Collective Bargaining agreement.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria