Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Senior Principal Technical Product Manager for Networks & Media, you will help define and enable technology solutions that transform our Satellite services, enhancing Intelsat’s position in the marketplace. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to evolve Intelsat’s MNO, Enterprise & Media solutions, delivering value for both Solution Partners and end users and strengthening our partnerships with sector OEMs and third parties. We are looking for a sector expert that is familiar with existing and emerging technology trends in the MNO, Enterprise and Media space, with the ability to align innovative solutions to address sector needs. You will be part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Product Development team that delivers against Intelsat’s Development Roadmap, working to achieve related business goals and ultimately our strategic vision.
You will be a member of the Product Development organization with a primary role to collaboratively define and manage the roadmap backlog and iteratively deliver new / enhanced Products, maximizing value though realization of cross-BU synergies. You will work across both Networks & Media Business Unit Product Management to understand the voice of the customer and related customer journeys. You will then represent both the voice and journey for the Product Development team, defining/refining features and driving prioritization of initiatives in the backlog. As a leading contributor, you will be responsible for the delivery of outcomes, solutions and commitments on behalf of Product Development. You will collaborate with Commercial Product Management, Regional Sales/Sales Support, Product Development & Design, Innovations, CX team, Systems Engineering/Architecture and other key stakeholders to develop and implement the MNO, Enterprise and Media elements of our Product roadmap, supporting new Product concepts, value proposition design, positioning and go-to-market strategies. You will build a deep understanding of the key needs and pain points for a range of Networks & Media customer segments, identify opportunities to deliver value and differentiation in the market and align Product developments to market value and Intelsat’s revenue objectives.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop, evolve and execute against Intelsat's Product Roadmap across MNO, Enterprise & Media segments – drive initiative & feature definition and development, delivering value with each iteration, define acceptance and related test and validation criteria
- Work closely with Business Unit (external) Product Management, Sales/Sales Support, Channel Management, Marketing and other stakeholders to capture key needs and pain points for target segments and translate into feature & capability requirements to address those defined needs and pain points
- Collaborate to drive the development and approval of business cases for new Product development initiatives within the agile Product Development framework
- Understand the competitive landscape, including competitor service offerings and E2E solution components, feature parity and systems design
- Collaborate on technology solution evaluations to support the development of new Products and enhancements jointly with our internal Innovations team and external technology development partners.
- Track industry trends and identify potential partnership opportunities and that will impact MNO, Enterprise & Media verticals
- Develop relationships with antenna and terminal and other related manufacturers that can bring new product and service capabilities into the Networks & Media portfolio.
- Support the development and management of key vendor relationships
- Assist Business Unit Product Management and Product Marketing (Go-to-Market) with the development of customer collateral and training material - support training on new Products as needed
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering or other technically oriented business focus
- At least 10-years of Product Development / Management experience, including Product lifecycle management, complex systems development and execution of Product plans and strategies
- A lean-agile mindset that prioritizes outcomes over outputs while aligning distributed teams toward the same.
- The ability to cross functionally derive a product / portfolio vision including defining the initiatives and experiments necessary to realize the same.
- Experience working with satellite and terrestrial networks and technologies
- Understanding of mobile communications and cloud technologies and concepts
- Understanding of technology and business with an established background in launching Products in partnership with stakeholders
- Technical proficiency, to successfully collaborate with Engineering, Architecture & Design teams on the development of new Product concepts
- Able to guide a team or teams in a complex development and business environment and enjoy being part of a team that thrives on delivering exceptional products that provide value to the customer and the organization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain and influence internal and customer working relationships at all levels.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Strong decision making, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding of financial concepts to assist in business case development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and lead a team through change
- Experience with tools like Jira, Miro board, Jama, etc.
It would be nice if you had:
- A background in project management, with a track record of optimizing product and service infrastructure
- Experience working in a global company
- Respected and built a reputation by demonstrating product expertise, representing your company as a speaker at industry conferences and publishing white papers
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We work very collaboratively within our team and with other teams to achieve our objectives and goals
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled