Primary role purpose:
Inmarsat leases out its satellite spectrum to customers who need complete ownership and control of their communication solutions. The leases operate over our satellite fleet and serve a wide range of uses, from keeping autonomous vehicles on track to enabling government agencies to protect lives wherever they may be operating in the world.
The Lease Operations Co-ordinator is responsible for the smooth implementation of our Lease products from receipt of a Lease request. Inmarsat authorised over 1,000 leases during 2022 and this figure is set to rise as we expand the capability of our lease products and broaden the markets we sell into.
The position will report on the workflow performance of the team against its Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and act when workflow does not conform to the process. The position will deliver continuous improvement through interaction with Stakeholders and the COO teams responsible for process excellence and quality.
This is a Business Unit facing role for all matters relating to the operation of Leases on the L-band and GX satellites and reports directly to the Head of Lease Management.
- To check the validity against the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of incoming Lease Requests and verification of the content contained within the Request
- To assign the Lease Request to a Lease Engineer to process along with the KPI for the delivery of information
- To ensure that the Lease Authorisations are published on-time according to the SLA
- To report on Lease Request workflow performance of the team to the Head of Lease Management
- To detect workflow that falls outside of the process and raise the issue with the relevant teams to address deficiencies
- To document processes within the team relating to workflow and assist others in defining the overall Lease process
- To manage the communication flow with the Lease Stakeholders relating to workflow and change that affects the operation of a Lease
- To set the agenda and drive the daily Lease Operations meeting to report on the status of workflow, and highlight issues that affect Leases
- To manage the deactivation of a Lease at the end of the operational life by coordinating with the team and other Lease Stakeholders
- To prepare the monthly report on the delivery of Leases for use by the COO performance reporting team
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in a co-ordination role
- Strong recording and documentation skills, with an attention to detail and a desire for consistency
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with ability to build relationships across the business
- Experience of identifying and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
- Delivery of work to an SLA and measuring delivery performance using KPI
- Regular Reporting on workflow volume and performance against KPI
- Ability to work independently and take a logical and orderly approach to managing workflow
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Salesforce, MS Visio, MS Power Automate and Blueworks
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heartof everything we do
As an employer, we believe in facilitating a flexible working environment where possible while taking into consideration the operational requirements of an employee’s position and work unit.
Inmarsat warmly welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. Please let the Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you in the hiring process.