As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for a Senior Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer/Operator to create and execute CMM programs to measure incoming and outgoing products from engineering drawings or actual products to determine conformance to specified requirements. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and inspecting incoming machined components and in-process assemblies to ensure the conformance of parts and sub-assemblies that are essential to manufacturing space-rated products. This position is responsible for CMM program creation utilizing PC-DMIS and CMM Manager software and detailed inspection setup documentation. This position requires thorough knowledge of GD&T, CMM inspection, and tool selection to ensure inspection accuracy.Responsibilities
- Develop CMM programming scripts and program a variety of coordinate measuring machines' code lines.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure that information and data transfer effectively to meet customer needs and organizational objectives.
- Continuously improve procedures, processes, and methods to ensure zero escapes on all inspections.
- Maintains CMM machines to include probe qualifications, calibration, and regular cleaning.
- Works with engineering and manufacturing engineering to optimize measurements of critical features and tightly toleranced machined parts.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 8+ years of Zeiss CMM programming and operating experience using PC-DMIS.
- Proficiency in manually creating, writing, and editing CMM programs utilizing PC-DMIS, STP file conversion, Gage R&R, and CAD tools.
- Proficient with micrometers, calipers, drop gages, and other measuring devices.
- Knowledge and experience with advanced measurement devices such as laser measurement equipment and optical comparators.
- Knowledge of standardized CMM fixturing and ability to design/procure fixturing based on part geometry.
- Ability to read blueprints and specify measurement means. Proficient in applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT) ASME Y 14.5.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- GD&T experience with a variety of machining processes.
- Experience in an ISO9001 or AS9100 certified organization.
Compensation And Benefits
- AS or BS degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Programming, or a related field.
- ASQ Certification as a Quality Engineer or Technician with an understanding of SPC.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Pay range: $35-40 per hour. Pay is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.