As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to apply engineering principles to support system-level requirements derivation, product design, development, fabrication, assembly, testing, validation, and verification of various mechanical and electromechanical systems. This position requires strong systems engineering skills for electromechanical and robotic systems. Technical leadership skills are also needed. Persons seeking this position should have the willingness to lead a small team to develop products designed for challenging environments, provide design feedback on several programs, and should have the ability to communicate well with customers.Responsibilities
- Requirements derivation & tracking for electromechanical & robotic systems.
- Design specifications to communicate needs to subsystems and suppliers.
- Design plans to verify and validate requirements.
- Lead engineering teams.
- Ability to read, plan, and modify or recommend changes to schedules.
- Support testing of products.
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate them.
- Review test data and designs and recommend changes to products and processes.
Compensation And Benefits
- 6+ years of experience, primarily working in Aerospace.
- Experience defining and tracking requirements for electromechanical or robotic systems.
- Experience with all phases of development, including proposal, planning, design, and production.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on design documentation and summary report generation.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $137,000 - $170,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 4 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.