As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Work in our growing, high-mix, low-volume aerospace machine shop. We are looking for innovators to improve processes on and off the machines continuously. We have various machines, from manual, multi-axis CNC mills and live tool lathes to CNC Grinders and a sinker EDM. Our parts can be challenging, and we hold tight tolerances, so machinists are encouraged to collaborate to overcome these challenges. Honeybee also promotes the growth and training of its employees and provides plenty of opportunities to do so.
This position will report to the Machine Shop Supervisor and be responsible for various work assignments throughout the shop area. Okuma live tooling lathes, Ganesh Vertical CNC 4-Axis Mill, Okuma OD Grinder, Okuma ID Grinder, Haas Lathe, Ganesh Lathe, Hardinge Lathe.Responsibilities
- Ability to evaluate blueprint and develop machining strategy
- Identify tooling to machine hardware.
- Create work-holding solutions used to machine hardware.
- Verify parts by using precision measuring equipment.
- Change tools and offsets based on cutting conditions when running CNC lathes, mills, and grinders.
- Use proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards.
- Set up multiple spindle lathes with live tooling.
- Set up ID, OD, and surface grinding machines for various quantity production runs.
- Employ proper feeds, speeds, and other cutting parameters based on workpiece materials such as aluminum, steel, and stainless steel.
- Revise programs as needed based on engineering or production-required changes.
- Participate in troubleshooting CNC programming and production-related issues.
- Machine prototype hardware one-off and production runs.
- Deburr parts as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Formal training in machining or equivalent experience as a machinist.
- 5 years minimum experience in multi-axis CNC lathes and mills.
- 1-3 years of programming experience for lathes and mills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate with all levels of management effectively.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Experience with complex hardware machine setup.
- Experience machining stainless, aluminum, plastics, and other typical aerospace materials.
- Knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading, and inspection tools.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and communicate engineering technical instructions.
Compensation And Benefits
- 5 years minimum experience running manual machines, mills, and lathes with little to no supervision.
- Defense and Aerospace Industry experience, including working knowledge of company product lines.
- Conversational programming capabilities.
- Autodesk Inventor, Master Cam programming software experience.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Pay range: $23-28 per hour. Pay is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.