As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for a FPGA Electrical Engineer II to support the electrical systems development of robotic sample acquisition and handling devices used in planetary exploration. The FPGA Electrical Engineer will report directly to the avionics manager and interface with interdisciplinary teams in the development of control systems implemented on field-programmable gate arrays and other complex logic circuits.Responsibilities
Required Experience, Skills, And Education
- Implement FPGA firmware to control robotic systems and manage interfaces.
- Support projects through all phases of development: concepts, prototyping, and production.
- Develop and implement digital design test benches.
- Perform worst-case timing and margin analysis.
- Establish and maintain a repository for FPGA Verilog and VHDL development.
- Provide interface development support to hardware and software designers.
- Develop and generate test plans for both chip-level and board-level environments.
- Review test data and recommend changes to products and processes.
Compensation And Benefits
- BS or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in FPGA development for embedded systems.
- Experienced with Verilog and VHDL.
- Experienced with board-level communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.).
- Experienced with Microsemi FPGA and tools.
- Familiar with Altium schematic capture.
- Familiar with embedded C development.
- Detail-oriented with a strong emphasis on design documentation and code configuration control.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $92,000 - $115,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.