As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for an FPGA Engineer III to support the FPGA scope of development, design, test, and manufacturing of Honeybee Robotics' electronic Motion Control products. This individual will participate in multi-disciplinary project teams to implement FPGA-based control systems, owning individual design tasks, participate in design reviews, document designs, and interface with customers in a technical role. This may include reviewing the work and tasks of more junior engineers.Required Qualifications
Experience With FPGA Design For Embedded Systems, Including
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in prototype development, debugging, and testing in a lab environment
- Verilog and VHDL
- Board-level communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CAN)
- Documentation (Test Procedures & Reports, Interface Control Documents, ECOs)
- Source control systems (Git, SVN)
- Additional software languages (C, C++, Python)
- System and functional requirements generation
- Brushed/Brushless DC Motor control
- Experience designing motion control and electromechanical systems for space environments
- Radiation hardening and mitigation techniques for FPGAs (SEU, TMR)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Compensation And Benefits
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Digital, Analog, and Mixed Signal Design
- Design Analysis and Simulation (WCA/WCCA, Reliability, Radiation)
- Linear and Switch Mode DC/DC Power Conversion
- Signal and Power Integrity (SI/PI)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $105,000 - $130,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.