As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer III to support robotics and measurement software systems development.Responsibilties
- Develop and maintain robotic control and measurement software systems for PCs and embedded systems.
- Lead efforts in testing and validation of robotics software and control systems.
- Manage software field deployments and provide support on-site and remotely to customers.
- Derive and own software system requirements and schedules.
- Evaluate and identify improvements to system design with a specific focus on robust autonomy.
- Interface with scientists, engineering managers, product management, and program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production.
- Provide hands-on support to cross-functional product development teams servicing markets, including space, defense, medical, manufacturing, and other industries.
- Write requirements and specification documents.
- BS in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience (or 4+ with MS) in software development for either PC or embedded targets.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ development.
- Experience with testing frameworks and unit testing.
- Experience with Git version control system.
- Experience reading circuit diagrams and performing basic debugging.
- Experience designing effective software architectures for critical high-reliability systems.
- Capability to write maintainable and responsive multithreaded and multi-process applications.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems (ethernet, USB, async, serial, CAN, SPI, I2C).
- Experience with space flight avionics or ground system software, particularly on planetary exploration missions.
- Knowledge of automated software tests and continuous integration systems.
Compensation And Benefits
- Experience with interfacing with FPGA HDL devices.
- 2+ years of RTOS development experience.
- Python scripting experience.
- GUI development experience (Qt experience preferred).
- Experience writing code for motion control.
- Experience with distributed networked software for controls (i.e. ROS).
- Knowledge of robotics motion systems (e.g., manipulator kinematics and dynamics).
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $124,000 - $155,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 4 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.