Primary role purpose:
As a Customer Service Consultant, you’re the provider of great customer experience. You will build rapport by interacting with customers via email and telephone, providing solutions that not only meet expectations but shatter them.
Our customers can be anything from our end users to distribution partners, i.e. it could be a fisherman on a boat in the Atlantic, or a ship approached by pirates outside Somalia. No 2 days are the same and that is what makes the job so unique and interesting. Please note that we are not a call centre and we do not wear headsets.
- Respond to requests for customer assistance in person, via telephone, electronically within the agreed SLAs.
- Logging, updating and creating tasks as required on SNOW.
- Handling incoming calls and logging, updating and creating tasks for customer queries and cases as required using corporate CRM systems.
- Handling customer complaints in accordance to the GCO complaints procedure, updating internal systems.
- Close liaison with internal and external customers to provide regular updates on customer queries.
- Research customer issues, referring to a local directory of information to handle customer queries.
- Provisioning, activating and de-activating terminals, managing suspensions and sim activations across all satellite constellations.
- Checking invoices on behalf of billing and providing customer updates as required.
- Providing call data records for customer usage as required by customers.
- Troubleshooting of network, hardware and application issues, updating systems and customers as required.
- Managing assigned cases in line with customer expectations and departmental SLAs and KPIs.
- Close liaison with customers, providing updates and or appropriate action to resolve queries.
- Identifying and escalation to management situations requiring urgent attention.
- Staying current with system and product information, changes and updates
- Other duties as required by the line manager.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Have working customer service experience in:
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or telecommunications sector.
- Understanding of network concepts (LANs and WANs)
- Mobile communications technologies such as Satellite Communications, Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth®
- Circuit switched voice and data, e.g. ISDN / Fax / voice and video conferencing
- An awareness of different types of computer based applications and the data they generate.
- Professional telephone manner
- Tele communications background
- To be able to communicate effectively at all levels with a good grasp of the English written language
- To be able to conduct initial troubleshooting and diagnostics on all enquiries
- Able to operate within a multilingual customer base
- Ability to assimilate information and respond accordingly
- PC literate
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Awareness of the various Inmarsat services and products
Your character and approach:
- You can’t help but go out of your way to satisfy your customer
- You enjoy working as a team, sustaining relationships and building rapport
- You have an understanding and interest in communication methods and what each can provide
- You have a sense of what is important and the ability to keep your cool
- You are a fantastic communicator and are keen to share your ideas
- You are keen to expand your knowledge and you thrive on challenge
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do