As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
In support of the Motion Control business unit, the contracts manager and team, you will provide hands-on administration of contracts for both Government and Non-Government contracts, ensuring compliance and good business factors. This role collaborates among organizations.Responsibilities
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on various programs, both Government and Non-Government, for all phases of the contract life-cycle (pre-proposal through contract closeout.
- Performs analysis of proposals with respect to T’s & C’s, appropriate FAR/DFAR clause flow-downs, and proposed price/cost, and ensures compliance with FAR, DFARS, and other government regulations.
- Collaborate with contracts, program management, and other functions and establish effective relationships with key customers.
- Review contracts and related documents to assess company risk and recommend mitigation approaches to ensure compliance with various federal regulations and company policy; identify potential contractual issues or conflicts; analyze impact and risk; work with program management staff, subcontractors, and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and administers non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, and other related documents.
- Negotiates favorable payment terms.
- Compiles and maintains all required contractual records and documents per contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Initiates and executes closeout activities.
- Contributes to ongoing organizational continuous improvement efforts.
- Works with proposal managers and business development teams by reviewing and executing non-disclosure and teaming agreements.
- Additional support activities include, but not limited to, analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in proposal team meetings, and preparing the terms, conditions, and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Order entry into ERP, including contract line item inputs and invoicing.
- Engage company-empowered officials when International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are required.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience with government or commercial contracts.
- Experience with cost reimbursable, award fee, incentive fee, and firm fixed price contracts.
- Strong communication skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiation skills with clear oral and written explanations.
Compensation And Benefits
- Experience with NASA/JPL/SIBR contracts.
- Experience with major Aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- BS/BA in Business or Contract Management.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM).
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.