As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work with a multi-disciplinary team in product design, build, and testing of unique robotic systems.Responsibilities
Required Experience, Skills, And Education
- Mechanism design, including original piece-part design, bearings, gears, motors, springs, and other approaches.
- High-Reliability mechanical design and analysis for long-life space applications.
- Drafting fabrication documentation and vendor specifications.
- Hands-on hardware assembly and testing, including environmental testing, shock, vibration, and thermal.
- Technical leadership of projects with a high degree of latitude, handling highly complex issues and problems.
- Motion Control for spacecraft actuation.
- Data acquisition systems configuration and testing support.
- Proactively identify roadblocks to technical progress and take steps to mitigate or avoid them.
- Review test data and recommend changes to products and processes.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to junior engineers.
Compensation And Benefits
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 7+ years of experience or MS with 5+ years of experience.
- Proficient with a variety of computer-aided designs and analyses.
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines on fast-paced projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $124,000 - $154,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.