As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for a skilled Test Engineer to push the limits of test environments to the blazing power of rocket launches and out to the cold vacuums of outer space. The Test Engineer assists with maintaining our test labs, including our lunar and planetary test chambers and our wide range of test equipment. There’s no second chance for space hardware, so we run a high volume of standard tests and then design customized, rigorous tests for our space robotics and equipment.Responsibilities
- Support a high volume of testing by running existing test plans, developing new test concepts, and designing and building test stands.
- Provide test support in these areas: vibration, TVAC, EMI/EMC, and thermal.
- Troubleshoot and revise with a hands-on approach to meet test objectives.
- Observe, record, and complete test reports.
- Develop test sets.
- Perform preventative maintenance on test equipment.
- Develop and maintain chamber controllers.
- B.S. Degree in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering, physics, or other related disciplines.
- 2+ years working in aerospace, engineering, or precision mechanical assembly environment.
- Standard test equipment experience, including digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, high voltage testers, motion controllers, and temperature controllers.
- Experience working with thermal vacuum chambers.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Workmanship Standards J-STD-001 Space Addendum, NASA STD 8739.12, and 8739.4.
Compensation And Benefits
- Must have a full range of dexterity and mobility to move in and around test equipment; occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $88,000 - $108,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.