As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.Responsibilities/ Daily Duties
- Support electrical systems development and fabrication of prototype sample acquisition and handling devices used in planetary exploration.
- Assembly and testing of DC-DC converters.
- Update and procure electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Sensor selection and integration.
- Cable routing.
Our 12-week Internship Experience Gives Exposure To
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in junior standing or above at the time of application; Electrical Engineering preferred, or a related field.
- Soldering, cable routing, and crimping skills.
- Knowledge of grounding techniques.
- PCB Assembly.
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Desired: Completed course or having experience in some of the following: Microcontroller programming, Fundamentals of Analog Electronics, Basic Control Theory, Digital Circuit Design, Motor Control.
- Robust projects with positive business impact.
- Formal and informal feedback from managers.
- Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from across the business.
- Networking & Social Events.
- Visibility to all levels of Leadership.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- All final pay rates will be determined by the candidate’s specific education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Pay Range: $28-$32/hour.
- $1,500/month housing assistance.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.