As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for embedded software engineers to develop aerospace robotics and measurement software systems designed to touch life and mine the sky.
We currently have embedded software engineer opportunities for applicants with two to eight (2-8) years of software development experience. The primary duties and responsibilities of the position will be determined based on your knowledge, skills, and abilities.Responsibilities
- Lead the development, testing, and validation of robotics software and control systems.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineering managers, product management, and program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production.
- Manage software field deployments and provide on-site and remote customer support.
- Derive and own software system requirements and schedules.
- Evaluate and identify improvements to system design with a specific focus on robust autonomy.
- Bring up and evaluate Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
- Write requirements and specification documents.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degrees.
- Experience writing software for P.C. or embedded targets.
- Knowledge of C/C++ development.
- Experience with testing frameworks and unit testing.
- Experience with Git version control system.
- Experience reading circuit diagrams and performing basic debugging.
- Experience designing effective software architectures for critical, high-reliability systems.
- Ability to write maintainable and responsive multithreaded and multi-process applications.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems (ethernet, USB, async, serial, CAN, SPI, I2C).
- Experience with space flight avionics or ground system software, particularly on planetary exploration missions.
- Knowledge of automated software tests and continuous integration systems.
Compensation And Benefits
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degrees.
- Experience interfacing with FPGA HDL devices.
- 2+ years of RTOS development experience.
- Python scripting experience.
- Qt or other GUI development experience.
- Experience writing code for motion control.
- Experience with distributed networked software for controls.
- Knowledge of robotics motion systems (e.g., manipulator kinematics and dynamics).
- Salary range: $110,000 - $200,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 4 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every desired qualification. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.