As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is looking for an EHS Safety Manager to participate in and lead initiatives that provide for the safety and health of employees. The position ensures all employees are trained in EH&S components relating to their job and EH&S compliance with state and federal regulations for all employees, equipment, and operations.Responsibilities
- Fosters, directly and indirectly, by action, example, and training, a comprehensive safety program throughout the company, driving employee engagement.
- Monitors potential workplace safety conditions, identifies problems, recommends solutions, and ensures that the ongoing safety system is corrected to incorporate the changes.
- Creates and Maintains records for safety programs (i.e., training logs, reports, inspections).
- Inspects facilities to detect existing or potentially unsafe conditions.
- Assists in filing appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies and tracking and monitoring permits.
- Develops and trains Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) of essential work tasks and evaluates controls to prevent injuries and environmental spills.
- Supports management in the implementation of EH&S plans and programs.
- Leads the Safety Committee and provides safety and environmental communications on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assists with investigations involving near misses, injuries, property damage, or equipment incidents.
- Develops multimedia visual aids and presentations.
- Assists with the development of strategic compliance and training-related plans.
- Discusses emerging compliance issues with management or employees as appropriate.
- Advises management on the implementation or operation of compliance and training programs.
- Assists internal or external auditors in compliance reviews and ISO audits.
- Keeps informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assesses the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- 3+ years of industry-related experience.
- 1+ years experience in EH&S role.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be accepted.
Compensation And Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Salary range: $105,000 - $145,000 per year. Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.