Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Senior Satellite Software Test Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware and software for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for software products necessary throughout all phases of test and integration. Key projects will include developing and managing software for interfacing with flight hardware and test equipment in an abstract and flexible manner that can be quickly implemented into a variety of test campaigns, developing methods to store and access generated data, and equipping the satellite and ground station teams with other software tools necessary to efficiently accomplish ambitious testing goals.
- Design test solutions for flight hardware optimizing for reliability and efficiency
- Develop a modular, reusable test and automation software in Python (or similar languages) to be implemented in a variety of test applications to verify design and build quality
- Write software to interact with units under test and test equipment
- Develop custom automation solutions to facilitate testing, data storage, equipment tracking, and other tasks
- Work with flight software and simulations to include requirements definition, implementation, and modification for test cases.
- Define and implement test plans, identify and manage milestones, and set clear actionable goals that work in cooperation with goals across the company
- Identify areas that could benefit from automation, propose plans, and implement solutions
- Work closely with and receive feedback from engineering and manufacturing team members to improve test methodology in order to increase product reliability and yield
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of industry or project experience in space mission software development
- Experience at every level of the software stack, including microcontrollers, low-level drivers, end-use applications, and user interfaces
- Familiarity with spacecraft mission design including events, pointing modes, maneuver planning, and operations
- 2+ years of experience with hardware development or test software development
- 2+ years of programming experience using Python, LabVIEW, SQL, MATLAB, or Embedded C
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working in a version-controlled environment (Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, VLANs and network security
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces for a production environment
- Extensive knowledge with a range of digital and analog interfaces including GPIB, USB, VISA, TCP/IP, VLAN, CAN bus, SPI, I2C, and analog-to-digital conversion
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, TVAC, EMI/EMC, and radiation effects
- Experience with remote control of test equipment including power supplies, digital oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers
- Experience programming test equipment using SCPI
- University or other CubeSat / satellite experience
The salary range for this role is $95,000 to $115,000; however, CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.