EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant Manager for our International Accounting team who will be part of the team responsible for the reporting and accounting processes for our international businesses.
This role is based at our Gaithersburg, MD headquarters and will report to the Senior Manager of International Accounting.Responsibilities
- Actively participate in all aspects of month-end close to include review of journal entries, month end variance analysis, creation and accuracy of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and assist with the creation of accurate and timely management reporting.
- Review and analyze monthly reporting package prepared by foreign subsidiaries to ensure accurate reporting with US GAAP
- Document policies and procedures and ensure compliance amongst various foreign entities.
- Prepare, review, understand and can talk to all balance sheet account reconciliations, including foreign subsidiaries, to ensure they are right.
- Review and understand intercompany activity and eliminations with subsidiaries
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statement analysis
- Prepare monthly foreign exchange rate analysis and FX impact on cash flows
- Prepare consolidated schedules to be used in the SEC filings
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and assist with implementation of solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to intercompany, consolidations, and foreign currency translation
- 3+ years of working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP)
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Certified Public Accountant with Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of IFRS or other local accounting standards
- Strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- A proven ability to resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Proven self-starter that doesn’t need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Highly skilled in data analysis and proven ability to present data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management
- Comfortable in discussing issues, strategy and negotiating with Company executives
- Superior Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in Spanish
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.