Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add an Engineering Manager, Test Engineering to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware and software for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the company’s Test Engineering team. This highly technical group is responsible for designing test methods, systems, processes, and procedures. Technical focus areas on the team include antenna testing, electronics testing, environmental testing (thermal vacuum, vibration, shock), and test software. The team also conducts many of the tests that they design. You will be a front-line engineering manager at a small company; as such, your success will be dependent on strong technical experience and fundamentals as well as management skills.
- Lead a team of test engineers to meet company objectives, milestones, and success metrics.
- Ensure the quality of engineering outputs from your team.
- Distribute workloads to engineering resources on your team.
- Align engineers to common design flows, technical guidelines, and standards.
- Provide career guidance to all levels of engineers, helping them find long-term success in the company.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and prospective engineering managers.
- Manage the team’s budget.
- Manage the team’s growth, including authoring and/or approving job descriptions and making hire/no-hire decisions.
- Review and approve purchase requests and timesheets.
- Evaluate employee performance and compensation.
- As needed, delegate day-to-day technical leadership by appointing “pod leaders” or other functional leads.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience as a test engineer or as a design engineer responsible for test development.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience as an engineering manager with a track record of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Test software development or project management.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.