Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We're leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you'll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we're looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!About The Role
We are at the forefront of space technology and are looking for a seasoned individual to help scale how our users access the applications they use everyday. Leveraging role based access and identity management, you will review the current state of identity at Capella and use industry best practice to create and implement a sustainable RBAC model.Technical & Domain Experience
Process & Project Management Experience
- Thorough experience of IAM principles, methodology, and solutions including access control (role-based and discretionary), authentication, authorization, provisioning, approvals, and workflows.
- Understanding of key IAM concepts such as Least Privilege, Privileged Access, Roles and Data mining, Segregation of Duty (SOD), and Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO), Directory Federation, SAML, OAuth, and Multifactor authentication.
- Experience capturing IAM use cases and defining IAM requirements and processes.
- Experience in managing IAM infrastructure, on-boarding of applications, health check monitoring, policy and password management, certifications, workflows, work items and rules.
- Experience developing IAM governance documentation such as policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines, role creation and management, SOD (Separation of Duties), and Access Reviews.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory or similar LDAP solutions.
- Proven track record of automating manual access management processes across varies technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of risk management methods and their application towards security, identity, and access management within a regulated industry.
- Experience in setting up IAM delivery capabilities – key aspects include offering development, technology partnerships etc.
- Document current state and future state business processes/workflows using standard process modeling tools and process improvement methodologies.
- Work directly with business application owners and technical stakeholders to gather requirements and information on application data through reviews, information gathering sessions and walkthroughs.
- Ability to translate business problems, existing processes, and technology into service and process requirements.
- Ability to establish, develop, and mature policies and standards relating to the creation, management, and consumption of identity and access.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in work approach.
- Experience of managing a team of consultants.
- Self-motivated and possessing of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity.
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentially.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Train other staff and external clients, as necessary.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Ten plus years of IT security experience supporting technology solutions or complex IT environments.
- Ten plus years implementing Identity and Access Management solutions such as SailPoint, Okta, Ping, or other similar tools at an enterprise level.
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.