Please Note:To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add aSenior Commodity Buyer
to our growing team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about supporting new product development and manufacturing for an exciting product line of satellite communications equipment, we have the career for you.
In this position, you will develop and execute multi-year, cross-functional (e.g. product line leaders, material managers, engineers, operations managers, quality managers, and buyers) supply chain strategies for electronics, electrical, and electro-mechanical commodities. You will be in charge of minimizing total landed cost (material cost, freight, duties, inventory, etc.) impact by containing costs through supply-base management processes and strategies working with suppliers and the company. An essential function of this job will include facilitating cross-functional communications to drive optimized sourcing strategies supporting new product development programs.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Developing supply base/commodity strategies consistent with business initiatives. Analyzing suppliers and their industries, identifying preferred suppliers, and regionalizing/rationalizing/optimizing the supply base.
- Developing electronic component sourcing strategies with supply chain leadership, understanding technical specifications and the requirements of technical data packages used for electronics manufacturing
- Tracking and communicating global commodity industry trends, supplier and competitor strategies, key commodity cost drivers, economic factors, and opportunities in the global marketplace.
- Developing cost models to understand \"should be\" cost to identify and drive cost reduction opportunities and assure cost competitiveness in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Working closely with manufacturing, purchasing, and engineering in support of the cost estimating/quotation process.
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities based on:
- Benchmarking databases and key cost driver analyses
- Capacity analyses at suppliers
- Product/process improvements
- Implementation of new technologies
- Execution of competitive sourcing process
- Negotiating price and contract agreements. Ensuring key contractual reductions are realized.
- Improving speed and flexibility of the supply chain to align with internal and external customer expectations.
- Establishing best practices in supply chain prior to production to achieve product launch and ramp-up schedules.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Materials, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or related degree. MBA is preferred, but not required.
- 3 years of progressive experience in buying and sourcing electronic components.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel (pivot table, formulas, reports) and MRP systems.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and developing new suppliers.
- Detailed electronics market knowledge gained hrough any of the following: experience in engineering, operations and/or marketing, or first-hand procurement negotiation knowledge.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with suppliers and internal customers and being able to work in a team environment.
- Negotiation, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills with demonstrated results.
- Organization skills and the ability to function successfully in a fast-paced product development environment.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidates work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.