Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add anElectronics Assembler II
to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about supporting new product development, manufacturing, repair, and rework for an exciting product line of satellite communications equipment.
In this position, you will be a key team member in ensuring the quality and delivery of our products meets our customer\'s expectations. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-reliability industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, or Medical devices. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment and be capable and motivated to build, repair, and maintain an SMT circuit card and electronics final assemblies. As we are a start-up the expectation is that we all wear many hats, and at times you may be asked to assist in additional duties such as performing cycle counts of inventory, assisting in the shipping and receiving functions, or other tasks.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Interpreting schematics, drawings, diagrams, and other visual aids for assembly.
- Regularly communicating with engineers and design staff to ensure designs are being implemented correctly.
- Working with team members to ensure production roles are clear.
- Performing routine preventive maintenance.
- Maintaining inventory and placing orders for more supplies as needed.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- 2 years of experience in electronic assembly operations such as SMT, AOI, prepping components, x-ray, de-panel, and soldering.
- A High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with J-STD 001 Class 3 requirements.
- Knowledge of the entire SMT process. This includes Paste Printing, Solder Paste Inspection (SPI), Placement, Part Verification Systems, Reflow, board wash, X-Ray inspection, and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI).
- Experience in Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-A-610).
- Experience in Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-7711/7721).
- The ability to interpret specifications, work orders, and reports to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions. Interpretation of schematic drawings, diagrams, and blueprints for troubleshooting is preferred.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Pass the required vision exam including the ability to differentiate red, green, blue and yellow.
- Attention to detail and the maintenance of a clean workspace.
- Basic computer skills to complete quality control forms.
- Familiarity working in an ESD and FOD-controlled environment.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and follow strict safety guidelines.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidates work experience, education/training, and key skills. We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.All qual fied applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.