Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Communication Systems Test Engineer
As a Communication Systems Test Engineer at Astranis you will be responsible for the bring up and test of the satellite communication systems. This includes the opportunity to be hands-on in pulling the entire communication system together and making it operational. To do so, you will work closely with many other teams including but not limited to the SDR, RF, and DSP teams.Role
- Collaborate across multiple teams including RF, analog hardware, digital hardware, software, and mechanical to coordinate system level validation plans
- Design testbed and supporting test equipment to meet testing requirements, including remote and automated operation, for all phases of the program and payload configurations
- Interpret and trend test results, debug issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Integrate end-to-end RF communication system for system level design verification and work with design teams to debug and resolve issues
- Deep-dive into subsystem designs to document expected performance, evaluate test results, debug test issues, and provide feedback to design teams
- Lead definition of factory test plans, collaborating with the communication systems team
- Meet with suppliers to select lab test hardware
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives
- Experience with debugging complex hardware systems
- Experience automating tests, test equipment, or similar instrumentation
- Hands-on experience using RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Signal Generators)
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience operating payloads In-Orbit
- Experience writing a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience with wireless system design and/or systems integration. RF Systems analysis and link budget development
- Experience with In-Orbit Testing (IOT) of communications payloads
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The Base Salary for this position ranges from $125,000 -$150,000 per year.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.