Astra's mission is to improve life on Earth from space by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Astra delivered its first commercial payload into Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after being founded in 2016. By achieving monthly, weekly, then daily launches, we'll create the infrastructure services our customers need in space to build a healthier and more connected planet. If you're excited by a sense of possibility, the chance to innovate, and make a difference here on Earth, we think you should work here too.
TheInternal Audit IT Manager will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value. In addition, you will contribute to a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation. The successful candidate will be under the direct supervision Director of Internal Audit.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
- Work with management to help the organization become SOX compliant including collaboration in design, remediation and testing.
- Plan, execute and deliver effective integrated and/or IT internal audits including SOX compliance testing and ensure testing status, roadblocks and results are appropriately documented and communicated. In addition, create/drive plans to remove roadblocks and assist control owners on necessary remediation planning.
- Contribute to the IT controls deficiency evaluation process.
- Update SOX documentation including process flowcharts, narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate scoping of controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes.
- Identify the root cause of audit observations, collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern.
- Train control owners on SOX Compliance requirements, as necessary.
- Build IT audit programs with a risk-based perspective and appreciation for flexibility and agility.
- Implement, manage and maintain software and technology tools which assist with internal audit programs such as AuditBoard, TeamMate or similar product.
- Proactively identify opportunities for audit process automation through use of analytics and robotics process automation and partnering with different team members on executing digitization/automation to improve and innovate the SOX program methodology to become more efficient and effective.
- Partner with leadership to proactively identify, share and discuss IT and business risks that have an impact on the control environment and IT security fundamentals.
- Escalate significant audit issues identified and research viable solutions and alternatives to make value-added recommendations.
- 7+ years of business experience in integrated audit environment and IT auditing
- Big 4 firm experience is required
- Experience in IT General Control audits, reports testing, and flowcharts
- Strong competency in IT applications, controls, and experience with cloud applications
- Experience in project management practices, including tooling and managing projects through a fast-paced and deadline-oriented SOX life cycle
- Knowledge of COSO and NIST frameworks and experience applying the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Accountable for meeting deadlines, adhering to department and professional standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional Certification (CISA, CIA, etc.) is preferred
- CISSP is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment highly desired
- Familiarity with manufacturing, production environments in an ITAR regulated environment a plus
San Francisco Bay Area Salary Range: $109,000 - $175,000
This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.