Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Environmental Test Technician
The Environmental Test Technician will be responsible for planning and running dynamic and thermal environmental testing of components, subsystems and spacecrafts. They will work directly with the test engineers and responsible engineers to perform the testing on space flight hardware. They are also responsible for maintaining test equipment, and coordinating with the facilities team to maintain the test facility.Role
- Operate and setup environmental test equipment including thermal cycle and vacuum chambers, and vibration shaker tables
- Set up, operate, and conduct environmental testing including vibration, acoustics, thermal, thermal vacuum, RF
- Ensure test are are executed to test requirements
- Maintain and troubleshoot on-site environmental test equipment and support equipment
- 2+ years of working experience in testing integrated systems
- Experience in environmental testing - thermal, thermal vacuum, or vibration discipline
- Experience working in a hands on environment
- Maintain paperwork - work instructions, connector mate logs, test logs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Willing and able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as required
- Climbing ladders, long durations of standing, grasping, sitting, pulling, and physical bending movements
- Able to list 25lbs, unassisted
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Hands-on experience using data acquisition systems
- Experience with space flight components and spacecraft environmental testing
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience in operating cranes, man lifts, forklifts, and handling equipment
- Creative, passionate problem solver that thrives in fast-paced, autonomously-driven, and demanding design and integration campaigns
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The base pay for this position ranges from $30 - $55 per hour.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.