Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.Role:
- Design signal processing for custom software defined radio hardware (ex. channelization, equalization, PA linearization, gain control, carrier synchronization, symbol mapping, framing, channel coding/FEC, etc)
- Work closely with FPGA developers to implement and test the signal processing on radio hardware
- Model the end-to-end radio system from earth to space, and back.
- Drive radio architecture trade studies, run link budgets, optimize the radio system for maximum performance for dozens of markets and use cases around the world
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and constantly learning
- Strong fundamentals in "signals and systems" (basic transforms, filters, aliasing, analysis in both continuous and discrete domains, interpolation, decimation, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in digital communications (modulation, coding, synchronization, fading, doppler, multiple access, channel capacity, etc)
- Familiar with software development (some experience writing software for DSP, MCU, and/or FPGA, experience in one or more scripting languages)
- Familiar with analog concepts (amplifiers, analog filters, gain and delay variation, reflections, compression, etc)
- Experience working with signal generator, signal analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with software defined radios
- Experience with Python
- Experience with GNU Radio
- Experience with FPGA development (and/or embedded C)
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.